AS1025 Powered by the Cummins Tier 4 Interim Engine
The EPA has set emission targets in the United States, Canada and Europe for the reduction of Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) and Particulate Matter (PM). The reduction in PM and NOx is being implemented using a two prong approach. The first step is called Tier 4 Interim and the second step is called Tier 4 Final. Tier 4 Final in 2014 mandates a 90% reduction in PM and NOx compared to today’s current Tier 3 regulations.
What features come with Tier 4 Interim?
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
• Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) –boosts response at all engine speeds
• Clean crankcase filter- removes crankcase emissions for ultra-clean engine operation
• New CM2250 engine controller – 3x faster processing power – 2x increased memory capability
• Enhanced Engine Filtration
• High Efficiency Combustion
How does Tier 4 Interim benefit you?
• “Fit and forget” maintenance free compact catalyst
• Retain same oil change intervals as Tier 3
• Simple 2,000 hour crankcase filter element change
• NO urea injection after treatment
• NO Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
• NO dual turbochargers
• NO regeneration cycle required
Why does ET continue using engines produced by Cummins?
We went with Cummins because of our long-standing confidence in them. They have the most experience having already addressed confidence in “on-highway” engines. They are extremely dependable and have the capability for system integration, design and manufacture from air-in to exhaust-out. Cummins is unique in the industry because they design, build and integrate the complete system: filtration, diesel exhaust fluid, direct flow, electronic controls, combustion technology, fuel systems, turbochargers, after treatment system and filtration.